Bedner’s Farm & Greenhouse is owned and operated by Bob and Sue Bedner, their son Russ and his wife Melanie. Bob grew up on, and worked for, the family farm that his grandfather started in Upper St. Clair. Bob and Sue purchased 42 acres in Cecil Township in 1985 to start their own business. Their garden center was open for business in the spring of 1996.
There are fifteen greenhouses on the farm, as well as produce fields. Annual and perennial plant production begins every January. The Bedner's are known for their large selection of annuals and hanging baskets. Unique trees and shrubs can be found in the nursery area. In the summer and fall, produce is picked daily, including: homegrown sweet corn, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, hot and sweet peppers, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, cantaloupe, watermelon, pumpkins, gourds, and more. October weekends brings the fall festival - Art Under Glass - as well as hayrides and pumpkin picking.
Plants are available at the one retail location, in Cecil Township. Wholesale produce is available to grocery stores and restaurants. Please call and ask for Bob or Russ for wholesale produce inquiries.
- American Nursery and Landscape Association (ANLA)
- Pennsylvania Association for Sustainable Agriculture (PASA)
- Greater Canonsburg Chamber of Commerce (GCCC)
- McDonald Area Redevelopment Association (MARA)
- Washington County Tourism and Promotion Agency (WCTPA)
- South Fayette Conservation Group
- Washington County Farm Bureau
- Plant and maintain two flower beds at the Panhandle Trail, McDonald Trail Station.
- Cecil Friends of the Montour Trail
- South Fayette/Greater Bridgeville Relay for Life
- South Hills Women's Club
- Pittsburgh Botanic Garden
- Cecil Township Parks and Recreation
- Penn State Master Gardeners of Allegheny and Washington counties
- Cecil and Muse Elementary schools
- Future Farmers of America - Fort Cherry High School
- Cecil American Legion
- Cecil and Muse Fire Departments
- Bridgeville Meals on Wheels