Weekly News, 4.29.20
It’s been so nice to welcome shoppers inside the greenhouse to shop this past week! So far this season, we’ve seen an increased interest in herb and veggie plants. Victory Garden anyone? We’re even planting some extra veggie plants, to make sure that we don’t run out.
Other news around the farm this week–
- new arrivals include– water plants, hanging boston ferns and macho ferns.
- expected to arrive within the next week include– tropicals from Florida, Corinthian Bells wind chimes, and more nursery stock.
- curbside pickup orders have been temporarily paused while we improve the process and get set to launch a new online store, to better help you to Shop-from-Home.
- store hours are extended through the month of May, starting Friday, May 1.
- last Friday Russ went Live on facebook to give viewers a tour of some of our production greenhouses. If you missed it, you can watch here. You can catch him touring more of the greenhouses live again this Friday.
We look forward to serving you this season, and to helping you connect to the power of plants. Science has proven that plants reduce anxiety and stress, enhance memory retention, inspire creativity, and SO much more. The garden is where we get food to feed our body and peace to feed our soul. By spending time in nature, we find escape, comfort, and healing. Let us know how you are creating your “happy place” with plants this season. We’d love to see it.
Russ and Melanie
Now through the month of May, we’ll be collecting non-perishable food donations for the Bridgeville Area Food Bank. For each item that is donated, we will donate $1, up to $500.
The Bridgeville Area Food Bank serves over 100 families and recently helped an additional 18 families with emergency provisions.
Look for our donation box next time you visit the greenhouse. They are asking for items like: Cereal, Canned Soup, Canned Fruit and Vegetables, Peanut Butter, Tuna and Canned Chicken, Boxed Jello or Pudding, Boxed Meals (i.e. Hamburger Helper, Velveeta, etc.), Boxed Rice and Pasta, Meal Kits, and Mac & Cheese.